“Good communication skills” are fundamental for all of us as entrepreneurs. Communicating what you and your business are about in a compelling, concise, and emotionally engaging way is one of the many things that can make you successful.
The act of communication is more than a “skill” though:
- The need and ability to communicate is what makes us human.
- The basis on which we understand the world and our place in it is, to a great extent an act of interchange with the world and the people around us.
- We all need to feel understood, so good communication where we feel heard, and hear and are enriched by exchanges with others is key to contentment.
In this interactive workshop we will:
- Explore why communication is so important, and also why it can be so difficult.
- Work on some of the nuances of communication – for example between different languages and cultures, and the subtleties of non-verbal communication – that sometimes go unnoticed.
- Discuss how to manage, and how to manage yourself within, difficult conversations.
Teacher: Amy Marshall